Saturday, October 16, 2010

Adventures in Sedona Az.

Arrived in Sedona on Friday after a short flight to Phoenix from Calgary and a even shorter nights sleep in Calgary. Up at 4:30 am and off to the Airport for our journey from fall to summer and 85 degree weather. We lightened our wardrobe at the car rental agent and headed up highway
17 leaving Phoeinx and the apprehension of the freeways behind.
I was excited to get to Sedona and the Wildflower bread company for my first bite of a grilled chicken breast, feta, pesto, marinated mushroom, roasted red pepper and tomato on a Chapatti Bun, gourmet Sandwich. It was as I remembered, perfect and I look forward to eating their bread and working my way through the their menu. Yes I do recommend this spot as the first stop in Sedona.
We then cruised a few galleries and the main street, and then headed to Los Abrigados our resort to check in. This resort although older is situated on a wonderful piece of real estate on Oak Creek and next to the Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village. The Resort and Village are crafted in the old Mexico style. Huge old sycamore trees and charming courtyards the Resort and Village complement each other to create the perfect spot to spend a couple of weeks.
I am sure we will be happy here and have plenty of time to explore all the amenities as well as all the nearby galleries and shop.entertainment
This blog has now run into Sat. We were up fairly early after a long restfully sleeps that I really appreciated after the previous one. We packed up early for our first plein air painting adventure in red rock country. We found a nice place which had a little shade to shelter us from the sun but gave me a nice view to a towering bluff so typical of the area. I'm not sure I did the scene justice but it was fun trying to capture on canvas what my eyes saw.
This evening we just got back from having a beverage at a nice little bar/restaurant which featured a two man jazz, blues, Latin singing, highly entertaining duo.

No comments:

Post a Comment