Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sedona October 26 Tuesday

Secretariat was well worth the money. A movie you could take your children and grandmother to. An old fashioned good story with no body count.
After yoga I positioned Lynne in a spot of her choosing while I went to a pastel painting Demo by Susan Ogilvie. She demonstrated and explained her way to a lovely painting. Even though I haven't done much with pastels I would say that I learned a lot from her. They all talk and explain the same things, value, hue, saturation, soft and hard edges so I think you can learn from any one who is willing to share their knowledge. She was is a very good teacher and taught me some trick of the trade that can be used with any medium.
I picked up Lynne and we had a nice picnic lunch and headed out to paint the mountains again. I actually like the piece I produced and may keep this 'cheerleader'.
This evening there was a Guest Speaker, Stuart Shils, talking about "The Perceptual Moment" I had never heard of him but he is from New York and Philadelphia and is a plein air painter of some renowned. However his work is almost abstract. Lynne was in her glory. The pieces that he brought to show are beautiful and very abstract with just a hint of structure. He has reduced landscapes to the bare bones so to speak. He teaches and seems to be an art history guru so I felt like an art student for a couple of hours. All in all extremely interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment