Monday, October 18, 2010

Sunday In Sedona

Saturday started with Yoga with Scott who had us breathing deep and starting our day on the right track. I surprised myself with a nearly balanced tree pose. We were only 4 in the group so we felt like we had our own private yogi.
Then we, Lynne and I packed up for another day of painting. Thank goodness the temperature was down about 10 degrees and a little more comfortable at about 75 degrees. Our first stop was at a popular vortex which over looks Sedona. With yoga and a vortex visit already completed we were ready to paint. The place we chose was a small bluff with an outstanding view of the Cathedral Bluffs very iconic of this area I am sure it has been photographed and painted many times. Lynne did a great job of capturing the scene. I attempted to capture the same scene but either I don't have the same paints or I'm half blind but the result was less than well....... enough said there is always tomorrow. Lunch was great and we made our way home before a rain storm which we had watched approaching all day. The gathering dark sky and billowing clouds added a sense of drama to the already spectacular scenery. It rained but we didn't get wet.
It's Monday now and again we started with yoga but with Cheryl the group however has swelled to a dozen or so but it was still good and an excellent way to start the day. We decided to do a longer hike today so we just packed pencils and I took my watercolours so were could travel lighter. Again we were blessed with a beautiful day about 75 but again huge beautiful puffy clouds building all day. Our hike on Little Horse Trail took us through what I thought was very green vegetation, the contrast of Yucca and cactus and shrubby evergreens and the red rock and red sandy trail make for some memorable hiking. Did I mention the previous day I backed out of a parking space and the under carriage of the car caught on a piece of rebar which was sticking up out of a parking concrete block. Thank goodness for duct tape. We were able to tape it back up and so this afternoon I had to seek out a repair shop to rivet back the thing. Fortunately I was able to find a body shop and they fixed it and I don't think the 'Budget' will notice a thing.
We decided to walk to the local brewery for dinner so that I could have a beer. We had a front row seat for the next gathering storm. Hugh towering cream and white coloured clouds grew over the mountains and as we watched the tops blew off and the colours changed to blue and purple and pink and red. We watched as the lighting flashed across the and we escaped home just in time before the storm broke and the house shook and the rain came down like cats and dogs. There was an inch of water on the lawn and paths but by then we were safe inside. Can you say Camalot?

No comments:

Post a Comment